You know What to Say, but Not How to Say It
No matter what the project, Kay's Digital Quill starts with the content and target audience first. Creating a design is not difficult and just about anyone can write. But producing meaningful communication products that reflect your business, meet your criteria, and hit your target market is much more complex. This philosophy of excellence is KDQ's ultimate goal for every communication project. By working towards successful and clear connections, you maximize your marketing dollars. Even though you know what to say, you may have a hard time translating it into a clear communication format. Kay's Digital Quill would love to work with you to make these goals a reality.
What You Need to do with Your Website
Your new website is up, running and ready for business. Now what? There are a number of things that should be done to track visitors and analyse which pages are visited the most and so on. If you're working with a quality web designer, she will have helped you learn about Google analytics and helped get that going for your site, too. But beyond all the techy stuff, what should you be doing with your new website?
Review and improve. Get as many people you know to check out your website and get feedback. Websites can be analysed to death, but having conversations with your users will give you insights an analysis tool cannot.
Adjust. Just because you like it, doesn't mean everyone else does. Adjust your site to take away any negative comments.
Keep it fresh. Your site is completed for now, but that doesn't mean it's good for the next two years. Stay relevant with changing times, and your customers will see your efforts as striving for excellence.
Really Useful Items for a Small Business
One of the cool things about a website's blog page is the opportunity to share really cool, effective business tips and products. Check out my favorites, they may become yours as well.
- Supertooth - a truly awesome way to safely use your phone on the road.
- PiPo Tablet - I just got one shipped duty and tax-free from China. I love, love, love this thing. A must for keeping track of your business while on go.
- Dropbox - go ahead and Google this, it's another must have to keep up with your company's details. A dropbox account will let you can use any internet device in the world to access all your business documents. Click here to set up your own.
Free Android Apps
I am not a fan of Macintosh products. There's a lengthy discussion behind why. So if you just love your Mac stuff, let's agree to disagree right now. Therefore the following suggestions will not be relevant to you:
- Dictionary.com - What kind of writer would I be without recommending a dictionary and thesaurus? The fact that it's an app means there's little excuse for not spelling something correctly.
- Evernote - I don't know how I kept track of things before Evernote. Stay organized, never lose another idea, and even clip all documents and website resources to your notes. Install Evernote on all of your electronic devices and it will sync with each one. What you put on your laptop will show up on your phone and home computer. It's amazing!
- Expense Manager - Finally a way to keep track of bills and receipts before they get lost.
- Facebook for Android - I have a lot of clients who get in touch with me via FB. Having the app on my mobile devices helps me respond quickly to inquiries and questions.